[LAU] DSSI-VST in Rosegarden and latency compensation while syncing with Ardour

Fabio capoeirista at arcor.de
Sat Feb 12 18:50:49 UTC 2011

Em Sat, 12 Feb 2011 12:47:11 -0200
Fabio <capoeirista at arcor.de> escreveu:

> Em Sat, 12 Feb 2011 11:59:02 -0200
> Fabio <capoeirista at arcor.de> escreveu:
>
> > Hi fellas,
> >
> > I know there is a latency compensation for vst-plugins in Ardour,
> > but is there a way to make it (compensation) work for a VST-plugin
> > in Rosegarden too?
> > I have a heavy VSTi that I use in Rosegarden with it's internal
> > DSSI-VST. while I record the midi from my keyboard I use a latency
> > of 4 ms but to record it without xruns in need to run jack with
> > 92,. ms. While syncing Ardour and Rosegarden latency is not
> > compensated. How can I manage this?
>
> well, it seams it works in Qtractor....Rosegarden now version 11 and
> still sync-problems....tstststststs

so i tested that with an imported midi-track.
now that i play directly in qtractor i get a very strange behaviour:
when i record midi from my midikeyboard i can see the events placed in
the right place. after stopping the recording one part of the miditrack
gets cuttet and the rest is moved to the left. very strange. why is
that? (first time using qtractor)

can't wait for A3, when hopefuly al thos problems will have gone