[LAU] paulstretch - was Linux programs for creatiing/manipulating sound effects

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sun Feb 13 12:12:43 UTC 2011

On 02/13/2011 11:31 AM, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> Excerpts from Robin Gareus's message of 2011-02-11 16:56:42 +0100:
>> On 02/10/2011 12:36 PM, Mike Cookson wrote:
>>> Cool, thanks. Btw before jack was available, i some files could
>>> not be played back due to mismatch of some file format details.
>>
>> Yesterday paulstretch 2.1 came out:
>> http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/
>
> Can you tell me how to get sound out of it? Version 2.1 (the 'about'
> says 2.2). I tried with and without jack, mp3, ogg and wav files,
> without any success. I never see jack ports appear. With wav files I
> get the output: AInputS::seek 0 0 54110260 - possible audiofile bug
> (it always seeks to the end of the file)
>
> Portaudio seems to work, tested with audacity. Any ideas?

Did you compile it with './compile_linux_fftw_jack.sh' ?

I start JACK, start paulstretch, load some mp3 and just press play.
works just fine with .wav files too and the samplerate does not need to
match JACK's samplerate..

FWIW: you can set the environment variable JACK_AUTOCONNECT
to decide the port-connection behaviour. The default is
'system:playback_' - setting it to "DISABLE" will leave the output ports
unconnected.

robin