[LAU] Harrison Mixbus ... now available on Linux!

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Wed Feb 16 16:40:04 UTC 2011

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 10:23:59 -0600
S C Rigler <riglersc at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the video they put a lot of emphasis on mixing in mono and he uses an AU
> plugin to do that.  Is there a simple way to achieve the same affect with
> Ardour/MB on Linux (either via plugin or toggle switch somewhere)?

There are a couple of ways to do this.  There is a stereo->mono plugin
somewhere that will combine the channels which can be used on the master
channel to do this, but I think the same effect could be gotten by changing
the outputs on the master channel so that both channels are sent to
both channels of the output device.  Would this work, or does that put
me in a weird situation where summing bites me somehow?

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com