[LAU] Petri-Foo - have your say!

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 01:25:48 UTC 2011

On 17 February 2011 01:05, Leigh Dyer <lsd at wootangent.net> wrote:
> LV2 support -- that is, support for running as an LV2 synth within a host
> like Qtractor or Ardour3 -- would be very, very cool, though I fear that
> would be quite a bit of work, especially if it involves extracting the synth
> code from the GUI code (I don't know how separate they are at present). I'm

No sorry, an LV2 plugin version won't be happening any time soon.

I'm not an expert at this. The GUI code is in a sub dir below the
synth code, so it's separate in that sense, but I've not looked at how
the two interact closely enough to really say for sure. I have
suspicions that perhaps there might be some misbehaviour, but I've not
looked too closely and I'm not really the best judge of things like
that ;-)

I know with my coding ability there's things that I can do, and things
I might be able to do. Most of the stuff I've said I want to do but
have not yet done falls into the latter territory.

> not sure I'd personally get much use out of built-in support for LADSPA
> effects -- I'd rather just have the audio in my DAW on independent channels
> and handle any effects processing there.

> Thanks
> Leigh

_
: http://jwm-art.net/