[LAU] Jack fallback to alsa when firefire device off?

Dan Capp reflectremain at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 15:23:07 UTC 2011

why install pulseaudio in the first place? I don't know to be honest. I'm
still getting to grips with how Linux audio works and what the various
drivers and tools even do, let alone how they do it. So it's good to hear
someone with a different perspective on the usefulness of PulseAudio etc.
The KXStudio website states the following:

"users will be glad to know that Jack2 is present and that *all* audio
output is sent to it. This includes Pulse-Audio, which means that you don't
have to stop Jack if you need to, for example, open a Web Browser to watch
some tutorial videos."

I've read lots of people agree that this is a great idea - I'm still trying
to fully understand why because it seems that I DO need to stop Jack, or at
least re-route it, if I want to open a web browser and watch some tutorial
videos.