[LAU] Music Made with Linux: Wanda & Nova deViator: Histrionics of Love

Luka Princic // Nova deViator nova at deviator.si
Mon Feb 21 19:19:12 UTC 2011

hi all,

one of our tracks just got released on a label called RX:TX, which
originates here in Ljubljana, but has an impresive roster of artists in
the last decade. i'm happy that this last compilation of tracks is
released under creative commons and is downloadable from the net.

unmastered version (which i actually prefer) is here:
http://wndv.si/audio/wanda_&_nova_deviator_histrionics_of_love.oga

soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/rxtx/wanda-nova-deviator-histrionics-of-love
http://soundcloud.com/rxtx/sets/sampler-2011/

bandcamp (order a copy, pay for download or free download):
http://rxtx.bandcamp.com/track/histrionics-of-love

more on the label
http://www.rx-tx.org/?page_id=2
http://rxtx.bandcamp.com/

the track was composed using renoise for linux. mixed and vocals
recorded in ardour (renoise supports jack transport). vocals were also
further edited and cutup in ardour and number of reverse reverberations.

i wish renoise was gpl'd software but to my great sadness isn't. it has
however a community unlike any non-free project where developers are
very open to many suggestions and are very responsive to bugreports.
last version of renoise supports OSC and Lua scripting.

anyway, hope you enjoy.

l.

--
sujet est machinique!