[LAU] Music Made with Linux: Wanda & Nova deViator: Histrionics of Love

Luka Princic // Nova deViator nova at deviator.si
Tue Feb 22 13:11:32 UTC 2011

allcoms <allcoms at gmail.com>:

> Yes yes - nice track!
>
> Haven't trackers come a long way since MED? Seems there are more
> people creating electronica with Renoise under Linux than just about
> any other app, which is kinda funny as its non-free but then also not

indeed it seems so. well the price is very low - 60€, and you can use
free betas that expire in 3 months but there's always a new beta out
before that. once i realised that it is the ultimate app for me i was
happy to pay that low money. actually i would pay 100€ if it would be
GPLd.

> that weird as lots of us are ex-Amigans who got cut their computer
> music teeth on Protracker,  *MED etc. I understand your woes about
> Renoise but its surely in the 'Top 10 commercial apps most likely to
> be open sourced' - I'd like to think so anyway :)

i cut my teeth on Impulse Tracker for about 6-8 years, so it's kinda
native language to me. while already on topic, i'm amazed Schizm
Tracker is still active and working: http://schismtracker.org/

l.

--
sujet est machinique!