[LAU] Controling csound in real-time

S. Massy lists at smassy.andropov.org
Sat Feb 26 01:51:12 UTC 2011

Hey, all,

I'm having a shot at controling csound with midi in real-time; I tried
this many years ago and never succeeded then.

As a starting point, I found and downloaded this excellent and well
documented example: http://tx0.org/1m0

I have edited my CSOptions to look like this:
-odac -+rtaudio=jack -b200 -M hw:1,0 -+rtmidi=alsa

The orchestra compiles without any errors, but then exits immediately,
rather than hanging for an hour, waiting for events, as one would
expect. I've looked around, but so far, no luck. Has anybody any idea
what might be amiss, or could any one point me to an ecample known to
work under linux/csound 5.12?

Cheers,
S.M.