[LAU] Controling csound in real-time

S. Massy lists at smassy.andropov.org
Sat Feb 26 16:47:48 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 08:55:13AM +0100, Atte Andr? Jensen wrote:
> On 02/26/2011 02:51 AM, S. Massy wrote:
>
> >The orchestra compiles without any errors, but then exits immediately,
> >rather than hanging for an hour, waiting for events, as one would
> >expect.
>
> Try putting this in your score:
>
> f0 1000000
>
> It will keep csound running for 1000000 seconds...
Thanks for responding. It turns out that csound was exiting because it
expected a display to connect to; I run it into a terminal now and it
waits for events fine... However... I seem to be having difficulties
getting the midi part to work. I have my soundcard's midi in connected
to virmidi-2-0, and CSOptions reads "-M hw:2,0 -+rtmidi=alsa", but
csound says "no devices found". Did I miss a step?

Cheers,
S.M.