[LAU] tapeutape kitbuilder

Peter Geirnaert peter.geirnaert at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 15:37:25 UTC 2011

Hi list,

I made a little program to load all files in a folder into a .tap file
for Tapeutape.
It's my first Perl program so don't expect too much.

Page : https://sites.google.com/site/experimentalfrush/installed-apps/tapeutape
Download direct:
https://sites.google.com/site/experimentalfrush/installed-apps/tapeutape/listdir?attredirects=0

How to use it:
1. Put the 'listdir' file in the directory where the samples are.
2. Execute the file and find a file named 'thisfolder.tap' in the same
directory as the samples.
3. Open thisfolder.tap in Tapeutape and edit at wish.

The samples are imported as 'new instrument' in a 'new kit' in a 'new
setup'. The work this thing does is loading every sample and creating
all these instruments. I didn't automate assignment to midi note
ranges or instrument naming (yet).

PS: You can rename the file 'listdir' to anything you want.
PPS: It loads .wav files now, but if you want it to load another type,
just change the line that reads:

@files = <*.wav>
@files =<*.flac>

or whatever type of audiofile you want it to load.
(There's more you can change, just read the 'listdir' with a
texteditor and you'll see.)

I thought it may be useful to some people here,
contributions/improvements are welcome off course.

Greetings
Peter