[LAU] tapeutape kitbuilder

Florent Berthaut florentberthaut at no-log.org
Mon Feb 28 16:02:38 UTC 2011

Le 28/02/2011 16:37, Peter Geirnaert a écrit :
> Hi list,
>
> I made a little program to load all files in a folder into a .tap file
> for Tapeutape.
> It's my first Perl program so don't expect too much.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for this useful program.
I was supposed to integrate this feature in Tapeutape a long time ago ...
Sorry for that.
Now i have started to think about Tapeutape2 which will be quite different.

I may have some time this week to integrate your feature in the
development version of Tapeutape.
This may enable importing instruments into an existing .tap file.

I've just added information on how to get the development versions of
Tapeutape and Tranches on tardigrade-inc.com (software->downloads).

I will try to add the feature this week.
If you have any ideas on how this feature could be organized, i'd be
happy to hear them.

@ Renato

Sorry for the late answer, but this answers your question ;)

Florent

> Page : https://sites.google.com/site/experimentalfrush/installed-apps/tapeutape
> Download direct:
> https://sites.google.com/site/experimentalfrush/installed-apps/tapeutape/listdir?attredirects=0
>
> How to use it:
> 1. Put the 'listdir' file in the directory where the samples are.
> 2. Execute the file and find a file named 'thisfolder.tap' in the same
> directory as the samples.
> 3. Open thisfolder.tap in Tapeutape and edit at wish.
>
> The samples are imported as 'new instrument' in a 'new kit' in a 'new
> setup'. The work this thing does is loading every sample and creating
> all these instruments. I didn't automate assignment to midi note
> ranges or instrument naming (yet).
>
> PS: You can rename the file 'listdir' to anything you want.
> PPS: It loads .wav files now, but if you want it to load another type,
> just change the line that reads:
>
> @files =<*.wav>
> @files =<*.flac>
>
> or whatever type of audiofile you want it to load.
> (There's more you can change, just read the 'listdir' with a
> texteditor and you'll see.)
>
> I thought it may be useful to some people here,
> contributions/improvements are welcome off course.
>
> Greetings
> Peter

    Florent Berthaut
    Phd in Computer Science