[LAU] Two QjackCtl questions: JACK autostart and shutdown

Dominic Sacré dominic.sacre at gmx.de
Mon Feb 28 22:27:37 UTC 2011

Hi,

When I run QjackCtl with the --start parameter to automatically start
JACK, this also ticks the corresponding checkbox in the setup dialog.
The settings are then saved automatically, and the next time I run
QjackCtl without --start, JACK will be started either way.

I need to manually open the setup dialog and uncheck the autostart
option again. Is this the a bug? I basically want only the command line
to determine whether JACK is started or not.

Another problem is that when I issue a shutdown from the desktop
environment (Gnome), QjackCtl prevents the system from actually shutting
down. It is minimized to the systray, but it does not close. On some
systems, Gnome will also pop up a dialog box saying something along
the lines of "the following application is preventing the system from
shutting down...".

I then need to close Qjackctl manually, or issue another shutdown
command while it is minimized so my system will finally shut down.

What's going on here? Why is QjackCtl questioning my decision to shut
down the system? This only happens if the systray icon is enabled.

Thanks,

Dominic