No subject

Mon Feb 7 00:14:59 UTC 2011

quality.
I've used their on location mixer and the pre's and AD is outstanding. Neve=
used the usb device, but maybe someone else did...
On their site they state that the usbpre2 is supported under Linux.
Interesting.

Hope this will be helpful,

Moshe

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 10:02 PM, Aur=E9lien Leblond <blablack at gmail.com>wr=
ote:

> > Any issues or happy stories about this Saffire USB interface? I'm
> > planning to buy one usb interface soon.
>
> Sorry never tried this one...
>
> > Also any reliable USB audio device with pre-amps.
> The Edirol UA-25Ex is very good and very well supported in Linux.
> Mine has served me well for years.
>
> One thing though: if your USB port is of type EHCI, check exactly
> which version you have (using lspci) and google it before!
> I'm saying this because I changed laptop few months ago, and some EHCI
> USB ports have a bug that makes Jack/Alsa and USB 1 soundcard not
> working at all...
>
> I'm now using a M-Audio Fast-Track Ultra (USB2, so I don't have issues
> with EHCI anymore), but it's not 100% supported yet (although the Alsa
> developers are working on it)...
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Aur=E9lien

--00151747894887753d04acd8d9af

ked at this one?<br><br>From my experience Sounddevices products are reliab=
le and have superb audio quality.<br>
I&#39;ve used their on location mixer and the pre&#39;s and AD is outstandi=
ng. Never used the usb device, but maybe someone else did...<br>On their si=
te they state that the usbpre2 is supported under Linux. Interesting. <br>
e">On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 10:02 PM, Aur=E9lien Leblond <span dir=3D"ltr">&=
wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">&gt; Any issues or happy stories about this=
 Saffire USB interface? I&#39;m<br>
&gt; planning to buy one usb interface soon.<br>
Sorry never tried this one...<br>
&gt; Also any reliable USB audio device with pre-amps.<br>
The Edirol UA-25Ex is very good and very well supported in Linux.<br>
Mine has served me well for years.<br>
One thing though: if your USB port is of type EHCI, check exactly<br>
which version you have (using lspci) and google it before!<br>
I&#39;m saying this because I changed laptop few months ago, and some EHCI<=
br>
USB ports have a bug that makes Jack/Alsa and USB 1 soundcard not<br>
working at all...<br>
I&#39;m now using a M-Audio Fast-Track Ultra (USB2, so I don&#39;t have iss=
ues<br>
with EHCI anymore), but it&#39;s not 100% supported yet (although the Alsa<=
br>
developers are working on it)...<br>
Hope this helps!<br>
Aur=E9lien<br>