[LAU] [ANN] tschack-0.120.1 and PyJackd-0.1.0

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sat Jan 1 22:03:11 UTC 2011

On 12/31/2010 10:03 PM, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> Excerpts from torbenh's message of 2010-12-30 16:30:33 +0100:
[snip]

>>> Not sure what half of that means :)
>>> One thing I think you forgot to mention but might be of interest is
>>> jack-session support
>>
>> right. jack-session is supported. but thats what jack1 and jack2 also
>> support nowadays.

There's support for it in both jack1 and jack2 SVN, but there's no
official release where it is enabled by default.

>> well.... which of the features is unclear ?
>
> Oh, I thought there is no jack1 release with jack-session yet, dunno
> about jack2.

> Means for a user?

I'd be interested in this as well.

`man 2 mlock` - preventing memory from being  paged to the swap area.
that's needed to prevent stalling audio-applications because they're
swapped out.

What's the difference between jack1 and jack2 mlocking? Announcing this
as feature for tschack hints that jack1's implementation is "better" - why?

TIA,
robin