[LAU] VB3?

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Sun Jan 2 12:06:10 UTC 2011

Peter Nelson wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-01-01 at 21:02 -0800, Ken Restivo wrote:
>
>> His Hammond sound was quite good, and he said it was VB3. I looked it
>> up:
>> http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=24
>>
>> Hmm. They're based in Italia, where is also the company that bought
>> the rights to Beatrix. I have to wonder, is VB3 actually Beatrix?
>
> Assuming it's based on ORGANized trio, which is another older VSTi by
> GSi: http://www.kvraudio.com/get/682.html
>
> ... then it's made with SynthEdit:
> http://www.kvraudio.com/db/296
>
> Peter

As Peter points out, there's no relation between Beatrix and VB3. You
know, I hear Italy is quite a big country with at least a handful of
inhabitants ;-)

Also, VB3 is not SynthEdit. The GUI is very similar to Guido's old
freeware ORGANized Trio, but IIRC the code is done from the ground up
and is much improved and there are continual improvements (ORGANized has
been abandoned for several years). If it were SynthEdit, it would say so
on VB3's entry in the KVR database:

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/2829.html

 From the discussions I've seen, many KVR users rate VB3 much more
highly than the old Native Instruments B4II and his physical modelling
emulations of Rhodes, Wurli and Clav are very highly regarded as well.