[LAU] Drum sounds with Hydrogen

Roberto Suarez Soto talkingxouba at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 19:23:11 UTC 2011

Hi,

     I've been using the drumkits from Hydrogen's page for a while, and
though they're quite good, I don't still get the sound I'd like from
them. In particular, I've been trying to get a good trip hop or hip hop
sound with them, but I really don't know how. My experiments with
several drumkits and equalization have been a failure; and that's an
euphemism :-)

     So I invoke thee, guardian angels of LAU: are there any general
tips on how to get a good trip-hop/hip-hop drum sound?

     Please, take into account that my knowledge of equalization and all
things sound is pretty limited. Every time I read you speaking casually
of "low pass filters" and similar artifacts, my head spins.

     Thanks in advance,

--
	Roberto Suarez Soto