[LAU] Ardour and xrun markers

Harry Van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 22:46:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm sure you know when recording, and Xruns occur it means you've lost some
of the signal
you were trying to capture. This is unretrievable data loss, and hence is
bad, mkay? :-D

I have "place markers at Xrun locations" enabled, so if im recording and
xruns do happen,
then I know where to listen to the take to see if I need to re-take part of
the clip, or if it can
be smoothed over. I think that's their main purpose?!

Again, set you JACK settings so you can record without ANY Xrun, its vital
for a usable take.
All the best, -Harry