[LAU] Ardour and xrun markers

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Tue Jan 4 01:54:34 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 08:19:05PM -0500, lanas wrote:

> Yeah, one of these days I'll have to update the whole system and I'm
> sometimes wondering if I wouldn't go back to make my own system instead
> of going with one of the distros.  I'd like to only have what I need
> and nothing else, until it's needed.

Have a look at ArchLinux. Here it provides me with the freedom to
set up and configure a system as I want it - a quality that slowly
but surely disappeared from Suse and Fedora which I used before
(F8 was the last).

It's a 'rolling release' system - you're supposed to update your
system regularly (daily for hardcore Arch users, about once a month
here) instead of installing a 'new release' every half year or so.
This works quite well, and I never looked back. And you'll have a
package for the latest Ardour very soon after the each official
release.

Ciao,

--
FA