[LAU] Ardour and xrun markers

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed Jan 5 11:34:50 UTC 2011

On 01/05/2011 01:43 AM, lanas wrote:
> Le Mercredi, 05 Janvier 2011 00:23:52 +0100,

>> quoting myself here because i'm lazy:
>>   [...]
>> (from an editorial in econtact magazine,
>> http://cecpublic.pbworks.com/w/page/13063882/OpensourceEditorial)
>
> That one I did not get.  The article has nothing to do with xruns
> and/or upgrades.

oh, the only relevant secion was just what i actually quoted, about how,
yes, upgrading is a pain, but it's kind of important in order to stay in
touch with development and the community. for me, the equation of open
source is: you buy the software by contributing time, not  money. (and
incidentally, you're likely to get a much better deal, but i still
maintain there are types of users for whom buying a mac with commercial
software is just a better option).