[LAU] Rock band 3 pro guitar (fender mustang) aseqdump dumps

Nathanael Anderson wirelessdreamer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 16:20:55 UTC 2011

I'm writing a program that will make it so a standard guitar synth can
be used as a controller for rock band 3 pro guitar/bass mode. I need
some annotated dumps to be able to finish it, i've got most of the
program written, but the dumps I found were incomplete.

Here is what I gathered from the dumps I've already looked over:

it sends sysex data saying what fret's are 'pushed'.
when a string is plucked it sends a note off event identifying the
string that was played followed by a note on event saying what string
was played (string not note)

I'd like to get annotated dumps (with what your doing during each set of data)
start with the low e and play open, then push fret 1, play fret 1,
continue to fret 10
do the same for the other strings.

I'm using rtmidi for midi support, so this will work in linux,windows,and osx.

Thanks,

Nathanael