[LAU] Showcasing a new track on Neil Modular Track

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 20:11:32 UTC 2011

On 6 January 2011 02:35, Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com> wrote:
>>> I've uploaded neil to my PPA for Ubuntu 10.04 by the way:
>>> https://launchpad.net/~autostatic/+archive/ppa
>>
>> Any plans to build for 10.10?

> No. I don't use 10.10 and wouldn't recommend it for serious audio work. I'd
> skip it, stick to 10.04 and wait for 11.04. Maybe Philip Johnsson wants to
> upload it to his Maverick PPA: https://launchpad.net/~philip5/+archive/extra

what's your reasoning behind this - is it purely a LTS vs. normal
release thing? i generally find the .10 release immediately after a
LTS is comparatively not that great, but this year i've found the
stability of a lot of things in 10.10 better than 10.04. jackd for one
is vastly improved

--
robin

http://tangleball.org.nz/ - Auckland's Creative Space