[LAU] LAC submissions

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 08:32:36 UTC 2011

On 07/01/11 08:11, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 06:41 +0000, andy baxter wrote:
>>
>> P.S. I think the bit that confused me is just that there are two
>> deadlines listed for papers to be submitted - the January 15th one and
>> the 'camera ready papers' one. What would help is if you said a bit more
>> clearly what the submission and review process actually entails, rather
>> than just listing the deadlines.
> Isn't this just common practices for academic conferences, however? All
> those I've been to (in the Engineering and Computer Science fields) have
> similar terminology.

Maybe, but that assumes that everyone coming is familiar with the
terminology and procedure around academic conferences. I'm not. I can
appreciate that the conference panel want to do things in a rigorous
way, but for a conference like this that serves a hobbyist community as
well as an academic one, I think it would help if things were explained
a bit more clearly.