[LAU] Cpu scaling on performance, permanent

Robin Gareus robin at linuxaudio.org
Fri Jan 7 13:11:48 UTC 2011

On 01/07/2011 12:23 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know you can make a script to set the cpu scaling on performance. But
> is there also a way to make this permanent on a Debian based distro
> (Ubuntu)? What is the best way to do this?

Not a solution for the short-term, but it will probably get easier in
the not-too-far future.

A few weeks ago I created proof-of-concept: a small daemon that switches
to "performance" when starting an audio session and return to power-save
mode when done:

http://rg42.org/oss/jackfreqd/

Paul Davis and Torben Hohn suggested to integrate that feature directly
into jackd. See discussion on the Jack-devel list "jack frequency
scaling daemon" December 14/15 2010.

ciao,
robin