[LAU] rt kernel in debian/squeeze

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Fri Jan 7 19:56:54 UTC 2011

On 01/07/2011 08:14 PM, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> in addition to Robin's suggestions, I'll add one more to the mix:
> AVLinux uses this kernel, I dunno if it is a true -rt kernel, but my
> results have been very positive:
>
> http://liquorix.net/
>
> ymmv.  my initial reaction would be to trust the 64 studio kernel over
> all of the suggestions, just b/c they are familiar with the linux
> audio landscape.

The liquorix kernel is not a RT kernel. And I tried the 64 Studio
kernel, had to change the apt line though:

deb http://apt.64studio.com/backports squeeze-backports main contrib
non-free

Tried to reboot, kernel panic. Could be because this was on Sid. The
Pengutronix kernel works fine. But it doesn't have the nouveau driver so
I can't use it really. Yeah, I could compile it myself but that actually
boils down to rolling my own kernel. Leave that for another time.

Best,

Jeremy