[LAU] Cpu scaling on performance, permanent

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Sat Jan 8 15:11:05 UTC 2011

On 01/08/11 15:59, Robin Gareus wrote:

> Saving [an enormous amount of] battery power. e.g it's handy when doing
> field-recordings on a laptop: This Thinkpad X60s w/o CPU freq scaling it
> consumes ~30 Watt. Lowering the CPU speed can get it down to 10-12 Watts.

Field recordings on a laptop without having a decent power source are a
very rare situation (where do the preamps get their power from etc.?).

Recordings are a situation where I give a shit on energy consumption, I
want maximum reliability.

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key B3B9226C          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net