[LAU] Music Made With Linux: Are You Washed In The Blood?

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 04:42:24 UTC 2011

I was brought up in a southern protestant church (southern = bible
belt in the usa), and this is a hymn that we used to sing very
frequently called are you washed in the blood of the lamb.  the only
difference between this and what I heard growing up is that we had no
instruments in our church - it was all 4-part acapella singing.

everything you hear is run through rakarrack into ardour (even the
vocals).  honestly, my vocal tuning sucks and the mix sounds like
shit, though I kind of like the guitars.  however, I can tell you that
bad tuning is nothing new when it comes to southern hymns :)

http://www.hardbop200.com/misc/washed-in-the-blood.ogg

someone said (it might have been johnny cash) that all you need is
three chords and the truth.  this song takes me back to my youth.  for
reasons I can't explain, I keep thinking dave phillips might like this
one too, but I don't know why.

enjoy.  be gentle.

--
Josh Lawrence