[LAU] [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

Tom Szilagyi tomszilagyi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 10:50:14 UTC 2011

On 14 January 2011 01:55, Leigh Dyer <lsd at wootangent.net> wrote:

> I've just tested a few exports on my dual-core laptop, and the reverb came
> through fine in all cases, so either it works fine, or I'm just lucky :)
> We'll see how it goes in the real world in the future.
>
> I've found one minor issue, though -- the ".ir_save" file appears not in my
> home directory, but in the working directory that the host (tested with both
> Ardour and Qtractor) was launched from. If I re-launch the host from the
> same folder it picks up the saved settings just fine, but if I launch it
> from a different folder, it's unable to load the bookmarks or the selected
> IR file.

Thanks for noticing this, I could reproduce the issue (and will fix it ASAP).

I also received some important advice from Fons offlist, regarding the
usage of zita-convolver that is especially relevant when running on a
multiprocessing machine. In that case the code may leak large amounts
of memory on reinitialising the convolution engine (every time you
load an impulse, or change a parameter). I haven't had a chance to
check this, so please be aware of this possibility. I know how to fix
it (thanks to Fons) and will do so very soon.

So please stay tuned for an updated, corrected version, should come in
a few days (I have to get a multicore system for testing and set it up)...

Thank you all for the patience and the nice comments,
Tom