[LAU] LV2, DSSI and the future of plugins

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Fri Jan 14 13:44:32 UTC 2011

Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 1/14/11, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
>> Don't forget native Linux VST's, their number is steadily growing also.
>> I think I have about 60 to 70 of those sitting on my harddrive.
>> Unfortunately there are very few hosts.
>>

> The last sentence quite nails it :)

Qtractor's been doing a pretty good job with the native VSTs I've tried
in it. What really needs done is a repair/rejuvenation of Lucio
Asnaghi's JOST. A working standalone host for native VSTs would be nice.

I recently purchased Loomer's Sequent, it's a lot of fun. I notice they
also have a nice-looking synthesizer in their catalog.

The LinuxDSP plugins - in all formats - seem pretty professional to my
ears and eyes.

Best,

dp