[LAU] LV2, DSSI and the future of plugins

Harry Van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 00:29:06 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Tom Szilagyi <tomszilagyi at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is nothing wrong with the LV2 docs. I don't consider myself a
> professional programmer (I'm an EE really, just need to write software
> at times), but I found it quite easy to wrap my head around it.

I'll chirp in here: I've only recently dabbled with plugin formats, and
while it really took
some time for me to understand LADSPA's, looking at SLV2 (a LV2 hosting
library)
and the lv2_simple_jack_host.c example file, it explains the proceedure of
finding,

+1 for good docs, they're essential to get a well established plugin format,
and LV2 has them.
-Harry