[LAU] [ANN] seq24 0.9.2 released

Zachary Miller znmiller at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 15 19:10:28 UTC 2011

On Jan 14, 2011, at 6:46 PM, diego simak wrote:

> Thanks Zach
> How can I use this patch?
> Should I replace some src file with that file or should I wait for a
> future patched release?
>
> Thanks again
> Diego

Hello Diego,

You would apply this patch to your existing 0.9.2 source. Grab the
diff file and place it with your downloaded seq24 tarball. You'll need
to rename the seq24 directory in order to apply this particular patch.
Here's how to do it. Adjust as needed for your particular setup.

~$ tar -xjf seq-0.9.2.tar.bz2
~$ mv seq24-0.9.2 new
~$ patch -p0 < seq24-0.9.2-lash-fix.diff

You'll get messages about files being patched in new/src. After this,
compile and install normally. If you take a look at the diff file with
a text editor, you can get an idea how it works.

Hope this helps,
-Zach