[LAU] LV2, DSSI and the future of plugins

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Sun Jan 16 09:59:01 UTC 2011

On 01/16/2011 06:30 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> I do genuinely believe that Autostatic was referring to open sourced VSTs.

Yes I was. I barely use any closed source stuff on my machines,
especially when it comes to making music. The source code for basically
all native LinuxVST plugins is freely available (except for the
commercial ones), same for the VST headers, be it the Vestige ones
(which work fine for 32bit) or the Steinberg ones (which you need for
64bit). Yes, the Steinberg headers can't be redistributed freely but any
binary made with it can be.

Best,

Jeremy