[LAU] Ardour 3 and reusing sessions

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Mon Jan 17 19:59:56 UTC 2011

Hi all,

In Ardour2, I used to copy my existing session into a new directory,
hack the ardour files to change the directory names and then drop in the
recordings to make the podcast releases a lot easier.

In Ardour3 when I do the same trick, the session looks OK but the audio
content is missing. The regions are visible but with no waveform (and
audio when I hit the play button). I hacked the ardour file & the
instant.xml file as well as the interchange contents. All that changes
is the episode number (i.e., epXX to epXY so a quick search & replace
used to work in Ardour 2).

Template only saves the tracks etc., not the audio files. I already have
the intro & outro etc. with automation. All I want is the middle bit of
the podcast replaced with the latest version. I don't want to reuse the
existing session since I usually do a number of recordings and then
prepare them, put it into the can and wait until it's time to upload. I
might have to go back and redo something quickly so I'd rather have a
pile of sessions sitting on disk.

How does this supposed to work? :-)

Cheers,
Hakan