[LAU] Master keyboard

Darrin Thompson darrinth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 14:16:52 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 6:21 AM, Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com>wrote:

> Second that too! I have its bigger brother (the MPK Mini) which works like
> a charm (it's even got MIDI feedback!!). The keys are small though but a lot
> better than those of the Korg nanoKEY.

I have some kids with autism who would really dig playing a controller
though yoshimi.  But they are really tough on gear. If it was just me using
it I'd probably hunting for a nice deal on an oxygen 49 or 61. But my
suspicion is those shiny little mappable controllers would be the first to
go. Possibly followed by the functioning of the keys. Although, hey, what if
I mapped a bunch of the sliders to a subtractive synth and cut them loose?
I'm torn.

Of the models that work with linux, which would be tough and survive abuse?
And how tough can those little controller knobs really be?

--
Darrin