[LAU] capturing sysex dumps in ubuntu

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 22:22:10 UTC 2011

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011, Robin Paulson wrote:

> hi all,
> i'm looking for an application which will let me capture sysex dumps
> from my hardware synths, so the correct patch names show up in
> rosegarden, amongst other things. can anyone suggest anything? i tried
> searching the ubuntu repositories, but nothing came up.

amidi is a command line util that comes with alsa-utils and
can be used for sysex dumps.  `man amidi` for examples of
how to do a sysex dump/restore.

Also check this list out:

   http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/apps/categories/midi_software

I've used Simple Sysexxer before, and it gets the job done.

-gabiel