[LAU] capturing sysex dumps in ubuntu

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Sat Jan 22 07:52:26 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 10:17:04AM +0100, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 01/21/2011 12:10 AM, Robin Paulson wrote:
> > does anyone know of an ubuntuor debian
> > repo/package?
> >

> It's in the alsa-utils package.

I've used "amidi -p hw:blah,blah -t 5 -r backup.syx" for dumping data from my Novation Remote 61, no problem. ISTR also using amidi to restore data TO the device as well, also no problem.

I've also dumped data from my PCR-30 successfully, but never got it to work properly to restore data to the device. So, YMMV.

-ken