[LAU] [Music] Prog/synth/atmospheric/IDK: Vale Fanfare

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Sat Jan 22 11:27:43 UTC 2011

James Stone wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 5:16 PM, Julien Claassen <julien at c-lab.de> wrote:
>> Hello Quirq!
>>  Well if you go on writing like this, just waisting lines of diminishment, I
>> might just plonk you. :-)
>>  It's a lovely piece.I love the intensity of it, there's drama in there
>> (four stage theatrics perhaps :-) ). I love the dense composition of the
>> "sound cloud", complemented by the tinkly windchimes, harp and synth FX, it
>> makes a gorgeous whole.
>>  Keep them coming the "insubstantial bits" and parts of ideas. I'm waiting
>> for them all to final fit into the bigger pictures. :-)
>>  TTFN
>>         Julien
>

> I agree.. this is beautiful! Very Floyd-esque. Shame we don't hear
> what comes next!
>
> James

Hi James

Many thanks for listening and I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

I was a little worried that it might sound like a Floyd rip-off, with
having a synth brass patch and layered string machines. I do love that
piece and know it well so it's no doubt been a bit of an influence. The
synth lead came first and if anything, the Red Dwarf opening theme tune
was probably more of an influence on that than Floyd :-)

Oh well, whatever the influences, I've stolen them and made them my own!

The next part of the piece is about threequarters written and demo
recorded. Once it's completed I just need to record it properly and mix
it and then I aim to tie the first three parts together and release it.

Just don't hold your breath: at the speed I work, I hope to get it
finished some time this decade ;-)

Thanks again

A musical collaborator: "Lethargy, hm really? Then it will be time for
me to get over there and just accidental idea the $h!t out of you"