[LAU] [LAD] OpenOctaveMidi2 (OOM2) beta release

Christopher Cherrett ccherrett at openoctave.org
Thu Jan 27 16:57:12 UTC 2011

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re: [LAD] OpenOctaveMidi2 (OOM2) beta release
From: Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>
To: alex stone <compose59 at gmail.com>
Cc: LAU Mail List <linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org>, Linux Audio
Developers <Linux-audio-dev at lists.linuxaudio.org>
Date: 01/27/2011 09:52 AM
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:46 AM, alex stone<compose59 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Paul Davis<paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>  wrote:
>>> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 9:39 AM, alex stone<compose59 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>     [ ... ]
>
> good grief!
>
> i never said you were bad people. i have a lot of respect for you and
> chris. i was just puzzled and bit bothered that you would fork Muse
> and announce OOM2 without anything that notified people of that
> relationship. If you had forked *any* existing project of that size,
> for *any* purpose, I would have thought it would be common, normal
> practice to do make that link so that people (users, developers,
> supporters etc.) could make that link too.
>
> apparently, you feel otherwise. that's fine, just a little odd for
> most open source projects, that's all.
Possibly you want to choose your words more carefully.

I have worked my but off for the last month. My head is burning from no
sleep. My team is worn down from no sleep and it all started with Ardour
falling apart in our studios.

As I said there would be no oom2 if not for Ardour coming down around
us. Sad I had to say this publicly, however you picked the location.

You have no place to try to do such damage.

Have a nice day.

--
Christopher Cherrett
ccherrett at openoctave.org