[LAU] State of the art GUI

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Sat Jan 29 11:33:41 UTC 2011

Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> Oh, and try a middle-click, sometime ;)
> (Middle-drag doesn't quite do what it should, ideally, though)
> Also: Ctrl-left-drag.

Do you really mean left, or do you actually mean primary button? Or is
the left button your "right click" i.e. secondary button?

As a general moan, certainly not aimed at any particular piece of
software but it's as good a time as any to remind people, it's really
annoying to read dexter-centric user documentation (-:

"Click" and "right click" is just about okay for me as I instinctively
"right click" with the left button, but "left click" makes me think and
that's when I start to get confused, when the brain tries to over-ride
instinct.

Admittedly, hardware is generally more of a problem than software -- I
find it almost impossible to answer my mobile because the call button is
obscured by my palm and the buttons can't be swapped: thank goodness the
trend for handed mouses died out in the 90s.

We'll only ever be a minority of users, but we are sizeable minority and
we have been oppressed for centuries, please don't continue the
oppression q-:

Sinistrally yours

A musical collaborator: "Lethargy, hm really? Then it will be time for
me to get over there and just accidental idea the $h!t out of you"