[LAU] Jack uninstall problems

headless headless_ at freenet.de
Sat Jan 29 19:05:04 UTC 2011

Hi all!

I have some strange problems with my jack-install. I know some time ago
i experimented with different versions of jack. Means i compiled them.
Later I installed the normal jack2 from my debian-distribution(Now
squeeze 64 bit) but it seems i didn't remove the compiled one. I
recognized this now and thought maby jack is using some of the libs in
/usr/local/. I could not find the src directory anymore, so i just
manually removed everything jackish in usr/local. Now surprisingly jack
does not want to start because it doesnt find the libs in
/usr/local/libs/jack. I reinstalled jack2 and libjack from debian and
even made a symlink from /usr/lib/jack to /usr/local/lib/jackand jack is
still complayning that it cannot handle the librarys in local/lib/jack.
What can I do besides reinstalling my whole system?

thx,
headless