[LAU] Ardour recording

Arve Barsnes arve.barsnes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 05:25:58 UTC 2011

2011/1/30 Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de>:
> On 01/30/2011 11:17 PM, Arve Barsnes wrote:

>>> Options -> Monitoring -> Ardour does monitoring
>>
>> Hi Paul, I know about this option, but my input tracks are still muted
>> during playback, this only enables sound when playback is stopped, is
>> there something wrong on my end? I know there's other stuff wrong on
>> my end, but that's an issue for the ardour list some other day :)
>
> that's to be expected. on playback, all tracks which are not
> record-enabled have their inputs muted and you can listen to what's been
> recorded before - typical setting for overdubs.

Yes, but that's what the thread starter asked about.

As mentioned, I've solved it by routing the input track directly to
either the master bus, or the actual soundcard outputs, can't remember
which. An option in Ardour for it would be nice though, I think all
other DAW programs I've used actually does this by default.

Regards,
Arve