[LAU] LV2 synths for Ardour 3?

Leigh Dyer lsd at wootangent.net
Sat Jul 2 14:48:01 UTC 2011

On 06/27/2011 07:49 PM, Leigh Dyer wrote:
> On 06/27/2011 01:58 AM, Dave Phillips wrote:
>
>> Too bad Ardour doesn't support native VST, we'd have the Loomer synths
>> and the pizmidi plugins.
>
> Definitely -- it's happened almost by stealth, but all-of-a-sudden, we
> seem to have far more synth plugins as native VSTs than we do as DSSI or
> LV2 plugins. It's great to see Loomer support it, and it's naturally the
> format that other commercial developers would lean toward, too -- the
> Pianoteq devs, for instance, have mentioned that VST would be the
> easiest plugin format for them:
>
> http://createdigitalmusic.com/2010/05/makers-of-pianoteq-talk-piano-modeling-developing-for-linux/

Talk about timing -- Pianoteq 3.6.7, which was just released, includes
32-bit and 64-bit native VSTs. There's no announcement on the website
yet, but the new version is online; the trial version, which includes
the VST plugin, is here:

http://www.pianoteq.com/try

I just tried it in Qtractor, and didn't have a lot of luck (I couldn't
get its GUI to appear, or get it to make noise), but the readme reports
success with Renoise and energyXT.

Thanks
Leigh