[LAU] Petri-Foo preview release: 0.0.2

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 15:45:52 UTC 2011

On 2 July 2011 16:20, Renato <rennabh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 11:21:07 +0100
> James Morris <jwm.art.net at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > There's the hackish way, where both samples will always play, but
>> > one can be quiet while the other is loud. You just need to apply the
>> > velocity sensing to the amplitude in the correct way. But note that
>> > there's no threshold value, it's a smooth rampage of amplitudes.
>> > Only at the extremities will one sample be heard and not the other;
>> > mid points will cause both to be heard to varying degrees.
>>
>> great example of why i need users to report things which don't work.
>>

> you mean that the method you were describing of applying velocity to the
> amplitude doesn't work? I ask because I wouldn't know how to test it, I
> haven't exactly understood how I should do it

Hi,

No not the method of applying the settings in a specific manner, but
the part of the program that deals with velocity sensing. I expected
to be able to use negative velocity sensing values to invert the
meaning of low and high velocities. Trouble is, the slider is not set
to allow negative values, and I need to check that the code could
handle negative values also.

The method would have been to have one patch with normal velocity
sensing, and the other patch with inverted velocity sensing.

Thanks,
James.