[LAU] LV2 synths for Ardour 3?

Emanuel Rumpf xbran at web.de
Sat Jul 2 21:46:19 UTC 2011

2011/7/2 Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com>:

> True. But it's hard to become larger when there are still so many
> problems with even basic things.

Evolution of linux audio partly appears very obscure.

> You only have to somehow make sure
> ROI happens the way it should.

Eventually it is so simple :)
I often wonder, why companies are so reluctant to support linux.
The answer appears to be: customer support !
That can eat a lot of (often unpaid) time.

The actual software-porting process mostly is negligible,
especially if the application is based on cross-platform-libs
and has been ported to OSX already, which is true for
many closed propr. apps.

But - would it be possible: a (closed proprietary) linux software
release, *without* any (customer) support ?
... That would mean, customers would pay the software,
but not  get the guarantee to make it working ... ?

> But that's just talking. Let's have impressive hosts first :)

Right !
Where are those impressive hosts ? ;)

--
E.R.