[LAU] How to bypass preamps in a Behringer ADA8000 unit

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Wed Jul 6 17:43:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 07:07:26PM +0200, Giorgio - Audiophilo wrote:

> i've recently bought a Behringer ADA8000 unit. If i recall well, there's a
> way to bypass its preamps but i can't find specific documentation about.
> Can anybody help me?

If you just want line fixed level line inputs that's a good
thing to do. The mic preamp is rather noisy *except* at full
gain where it is actually quite good, and the normal line in
is just an attenuator driving them mic input.

It's not too difficult if you can handle a soldering iron
without destroying a PCB. You need to remove/replace some
components on the front PCB (which is difficult to remove
for access, and even more tricky to get back in place, but
it's possible). Which ones exactly depends on if you want
to use XLR or TRS for input.

Mail me off-list if you want the details.

Ciao,

--
FA