[LAU] LV2 synths for Ardour 3?

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Wed Jul 6 20:19:49 UTC 2011

On 07/03/2011 02:43 AM, Leigh Dyer wrote:
> On 07/03/2011 03:41 AM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
>> On 07/02/2011 04:48 PM, Leigh Dyer wrote:
>>> I just tried it in Qtractor, and didn't have a lot of luck (I couldn't
>>> get its GUI to appear, or get it to make noise), but the readme reports
>>> success with Renoise and energyXT.
>>
>> Hello Leigh,
>>
>> 32-bit or 64-bit? Vestige or Steinberg VST SDK headers? LinuxVST's don't
>> work properly on 64-bit compiled against the vestige headers.
>
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> That may explain it then -- I'm on 64-bit and using the Vestige headers.
> I'll see if I can rebuild using the official headers instead.

fwiw, i've tested pianoteq 32bit on a qtractor built with vst-sdk (ie.
no vestige) and it seems to work just barely but useless: the gui shows
up, midi input gets all the visual feedback it should but quite
unfortunately there's no piano sound coming out whatsoever ... wait, it
only works when in "monophonic" output mode :/

meanwhile, the standalone jack version works fine as an insert.

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org