[LAU] Gx_head interface changed?

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Thu Jul 7 17:52:06 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 06:59:22PM +0200, hermann wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 07.07.2011, 12:03 -0400 schrieb S. Massy:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I installed the latest guitarix/gx_head and I am a little puzzled.  It
> > used to be that one could choose to have only the activated plugins and
> > effects shown in the main window, but now it seems it's all or none.
> > Also, I can't seem to find the cab simulation selector any more. Can
> > anyone give me a hint?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > S.M.
>
> Hi
>
> Well, the interface have change a bit, or a bit more maybe. We have move
> the tonestack as well the cab simulator from the main interface into the
> rack. They are now "effects" like all the others.
> When you choose "Show Rack" from the "Plugin" menu you will receive a
> empty rack first. Choose "Show Mono Rack" as next. Now, you can select
> from the  "Plugin" -> "Mono Plugins" menu  the effects you wont to
> include in the rack. That include the tonestack and the cabinet
> simulation. Hopefully also the "Plugin Bar" could be of some help for
> you, there you can select the plugins over buttons to show or hide them
> and next to the button is a toggle to switch them on or of.
> If you like to use stereo effects switch on the "Show Stere Rack" over
> the menu, all plugins are listed in the "Plugin Bar"
>
> The cab simulator is hardly reworked and comes now with a 2 Band EQ  and
> a level chooser, you can select one of 12 simulations and fine tune them
> in realtime to your needs. There wasn't enough space in the main
> interface to leave it in place.
> The tonestack comes also with some more selections and, the advance of
> make it a effect module is, you can move it from pre to post processing,
> witch influence the sound heavy.
>
> Therefore in the main interface is a clean/dist slider now, to adjust
> the mix between distorted and clean sound. The drive slider set the
> amount of distortion for the distorted part and the amount of drive to
> the clean part.
>
> hope you comes in touch with the new interface
Okay, I think I mostly got the hang of it now; also, maximising the
window helped. The only difficulty is that it can be confusing to know
which plugin one is on. For instance, the compressor parameters are
clearly labelled, so it's easy to know what's going on, but not so for
other plugins. The main section is very clear, though.

Cheers,
S.M.