[LAU] Limiters?

Gabbe Nord gabbe.nord at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 21:34:21 UTC 2011

Well, no offence to you either but I'm tired of reading posts bringing up
the loudnesswar and automatically, without any ground at all, assumes that
as soon as you want to push the compression a bit more without it sounding
like crap you're trying to overcompress to achieve a brick-waveform and to
"measure yourself with the big boys". That's not the case with me, at all.
And having a good limiter, plus overcompressing, can do wonders for some
songs, which is exactly what I want to use it for.

I understand that you're fed up with the loudnesswar, as am I, but I think
it's just as bad to automatically atttribute overcompression as something
consequently stupid and misguided. There are uses for it aswell.

Also, some genres like electro etc. benefit greatly from being able to push
the compression a bit more, to really make elements of the song feel like
they're "in your face". Not everybody makes the same type of music.