[LAU] Issue with Korg Kontrol Editor and Wine

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jul 9 22:52:32 UTC 2011

Hi,

when I try to install the Korg driver I get

"In order to install the driver, you must have an Administration
privilege".

It also seems to be, that uninstalling the Editor doesn't work.

I know that there's a Linux python app for the Korg Kontrol, but I like
to test the original Korg app. I don't have Windows or a Mac and need to
use Wine.

Wine is version 1.0.1-3.1, libwine-alsa is installed. Also installed are
q4wine 0.121-1 and winetricks 0.0~20110419+svn493-3. It's not wineasio.

The Korg Kontrol Editor is version 1.2.0.22, the driver is
DrvTools_e(1.13_r6).

When I click 'Wine configuration''s tab Audio, 'Wind configuration'
closes.

Any hints are welcome.

Regards,

Ralf