[LAU] Vararities Snd-hda-intel and Lexicon USB

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Mon Jul 11 13:29:12 UTC 2011

David Baron wrote:
> On Monday 09 Tamuz 5771 13:11:07 Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> > David Baron wrote:
> > > Running straight alsa going to the built-in intel/realtek only plays
> > > mono!
> >
> > HDA does not support mono.
>
> Not a matter of supporting it. This is what I get. One channel.

What I meant to say is that it is not possible to send less than two
channels to the hardware.

Is what you get the left or the right channel or a mix?

Is this a notebook that has only one speaker?

> > Do "aplay -D plughw:0 something" and "... plughw:1 ..." work?
>
> -D HW:1 works through the Lexicon, but a very low level.

That low level is probably some mixer control.

When using the mixer, make sure to select the Lexicon (F6 in alsamixer).

> -D HW:0 works but at wrong sample rate, i.e. playing a 44.1 wav but at 48k.

Your Realtek codec doesn't support 44.1 kHz; this is why I asked you to
use "plughw" instead of "hw".  :-)

I guess "works" does not mean "stereo"?

Regards,
Clemens