[LAU] Vararities Snd-hda-intel and Lexicon USB

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Tue Jul 12 11:27:10 UTC 2011

David Baron wrote:
> > Is what you get the left or the right channel or a mix?
>
> I believe it is the left.

This would indicate that the codec copies the left channel to both
output channels, which would be an unusual thing to do.  Might there be
a problem with the connector or the cable?

Please show the output of "amixer contents".

> The Lexicon has no mixer control available to alsamixer.

Maybe it has controls that are available only with some vendor-specific
control panel.

> BTW, I have loads of alsarc type stuff in /usr/share/alsa/cards. Are these
> being used or must they explcitely be referred to in some file, preferably in
> /etc/ rather than a user's alsarc.

They are used automatically by the default devices.

Regards,
Clemens